It took a weekend of movie watching (Ghostbusters, Fools Gold, Jumper, Wall-E, Chocolat (part of it), and The Mummy) to give me a spark. I'm not sure which of the aforementioned movie was the key to breaking through this writer's block that I've had. It's probably a combination of many, but the idea's here and I'm going to grab it and work on an outline.
In other random bits from the weekend and my life:
- 31 days left in Texas.
- My sister has successfully relocated to Maryland after a stressful start (car shut down because it thought she was stealing it, AC broke, dog started peeing blood).
- Wall-E is super cute, very nice story, lots of chubby people.
- I can't believe I was ever afraid of Ghostbusters! What a joke. Awww, little Tanya (sorry, nostalgic moment).
- I have to reassess how many clothes to bring with me to New Hampshire. Space Bags are awesome, but I still have too much.
- Thinking about selling my lovely 27-inch, flat screen, 100+ lb TV to have more room for things in my car. Time for an upgrade?
- Got my eyes checked. Still blind.
- Mom and Dad are in Alaska on a cruise together. Dad turned 70 on June 26.
- Sent the deposit for my room today. Hopefully this is a good move and not a disastrous potluck situation.
- Bought two books this weekend -- nothing substantial, just little escapes of the heart.
- Had a horrible dream last night that my cat (Tri) was covered with horrible sores. Very upsetting. Also woke up sweaty, which I hate. Crap... I forgot to turn the AC back up to 80 before I left today.
- My new boss starts tomorrow. Whoopie.
- There were bad storms in Omaha -- my brother drives a converted Krispy Kreme truck to do his vending and was caught out in the storm. Scary.
- I'm sad that my niece is growing up without me around. I want to be the kick-ass aunt. I'll just have to keep sending her presents. Babies and bribes--that's how you do it.