I did a few things to get back into the swing of things:
- Applied for another on campus job (this one WITH benefits) who knows... in the words of Kermit the Frog himself: "I hope that something better comes along!"
- Spent 15 very serious minutes looking through my notes on agents and publishers for my stories, and then pulled out the first chapter of one of my novels to work on it;
- Considered self publication, comforted by the fact that I'm pretty sure I could sell at least a dozen copies with the prospect of 500 more;
- Went to see Ice Age III: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (I give it an "A");
- Grabbed a slice of pizza from the mall food court; and
- Came home to find a SASE waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.
Update (as of 2 minutes after I posted this initially): Tin House rejected me by email. No nice little note. Sheesh. I should rename this post "two downs and an up."
As I move on to possible plan B's I've decided one thing: I've got to seriously get crackin on submitting my work. No more fear.