Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life's A Beach!

So I explored the coastline of New Hampshire today. You can drive along Highway 1A, which sits pretty flush to ocean, for about eighteen miles and see a variety of different beaches. The road is about 250-300 yards from the water; so close you can pull off on the shoulder to 1-hour parking and snap pictures of the rocky shores. The seacoast of New Hampshire is absolutely beautiful and has some of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen (second place to the Caribbean).

(Top Left): North Hampton Beach. This was my favorite beach, mostly because of the rocks. There were only a handful of people there too, which was nice. Unlike Hampton Beach, which somehow sucks the dead fish, seaweed smell from the air, N. Hampton Beach smelled like the sea. (Top Right): Some sort of blue netting, washed up onto the sand. There was something so tranquil and comforting about the beaches here in New Hampshire. I don't know why, but they're very nice.

(Top Left and Right): Both of these pictures are random shots from 1-hour parking pull offs on the road. I bet on a really clear day these would just pop. It might seem dreary and depressing, but it wasn't, not to me. I don't know, maybe I'm still high from moving to a much different place. I feel like a broken record, but this place is really pretty awesome!

(Left:) Hampton Beach, a tourist destination in New Hampshire. This is the first beach that I've been to with actual life guard towers. The water was cool 67-degrees. The air held this thick fog-like mist. I need to go when the sky is cloudless (although it was inland). (Right:) A memorial to soldiers from New Hampshire who have died at sea; also located at Hampton Beach.

Next stop: Lake Winnipesaukee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin