Monday, July 21, 2008

Whoa Dolly!

So... it's 99-degrees here where I live. My computer widget says 101 right now and early my car read 102. Sorry, but that's just too damn hot. This is not walking weather. This is weather that I loath. This is weather that irritates me. And because I like torturing myself, I decided to check out Dover's forecast for the day: 71 degrees. It just doesn't seem fair, does it. Good thing I'll be up there in 10 days. I don't think I can take much more of this heat.

In other news, Tropical Storm Dolly is looking to become a hurricane soon, within the next day or two they say. It's path? Straight toward my parents house and condo near Brownsville, Texas. The only good thing about this storm is that it'll drop tons of rain, which my parents really need. Hopefully rain is all it will drop. My mom's heading out to South Padre Island, where their condo is, tomorrow to get a hurricane sticker. What's that? I guess it's a sticker that they give residents so they're allowed to return to the island after big storms (should there be any damage); the stickers will keep the nosey on-lookers away. My mom will keep me updated on the path of the storm, I'm sure. The Valley's been pretty fortunate in the past few years as far as hurricanes are concerned, but that doesn't mean anything.
Nature can be an angry, unrelenting beast sometimes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin