Thursday, May 29, 2008

Randomness -- What I do best...

Moving and Weather News: So... I didn't calculate the days I have left in hell--I mean Texas--correctly. In an older post, I said I had 51 days. I should have said I had about 82 days left--now I only have 63. A little over two months. Too bad they're the hottest months in Texas--usually. It's been in the high 90s for the past couple weeks. It was 104 when I went down to my parents house about 20 miles from South Padre Island, located at the very tip of Texas .

Outside now (according to weather.com) it's 88 degrees, feels like its 93, and there's 54% humidity. It's hot and damp and I've hated it since I moved here in 1996. I've always hated it. In Dover, New Hampshire, where I'll probably live, it's 76 degrees with 24% humidity today.

Which place would you rather roam around in?

I can't wait to move--just for the change in weather. The other moving aspects (or perhaps I should say consequences) are less appealing right now. But I'm making plans. Garage sale on June 21. Baby steps.

Writing News: I have six chapters left of the novel I'm working on. It's currently 118,522 words. I've been writing extremely long chapters lately--about 6,500 words--which will make this story MUCH longer than the typical 90,000-100,000 words published in contemporary romances/chic-lit novels. Oh well. I'm having fun with it and it's getting a good response on Fictionpress, about 560 reviews total. I enjoy entertaining people and I think my story does just that. If you're interested in reading, let me know and I'll send you the link.

Work News: Procrastination has been the key to happy work days for me for the past 2.5 years. Other than that, the job is blahh, colleagues are awesome, and I can't wait for 5pm most days. I guess you could say that I have about 45 work days left (unless my math is wrong). I'll be taking some "mental health" days too. So probably less than 45. It would be great if I could get it down to 10 actual "work" days and 35 "sick" days, but that's probably pushing it. Sadly.

Random Bits:
  • My line of the day: "Fear is debilitating."
  • The lunch convo about adultery was depressing. I would have much rather talked about drag queens and finding a show to go to.
  • I need to get that little rust patch on my car taken care of before I move.
  • I really want to go shopping, which is hard when you have no money.
  • Tennis this afternoon is going to suck (see above comments on weather), but will ultimately be a lot of fun.
  • Tennis makes me happy...
  • So does ice cream--maybe E will want to have a Ben and Jerry's run tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The work on the novel sounds fabulous! What's fictionpress?

angie said...

Yes, I prefer drag queens over adultery as well. Have you found us a drag show to go to yet?

Love ya, fellow Empath!!

ang

Esther said...

How come you didn't tell me you wanted ice cream? I am always up for dessert, you know that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin