Outside now (according to weather.com) it's 88 degrees, feels like its 93, and there's 54% humidity. It's hot and damp and I've hated it since I moved here in 1996. I've always hated it. In Dover, New Hampshire, where I'll probably live, it's 76 degrees with 24% humidity today.
Which place would you rather roam around in?
I can't wait to move--just for the change in weather. The other moving aspects (or perhaps I should say consequences) are less appealing right now. But I'm making plans. Garage sale on June 21. Baby steps.
Writing News: I have six chapters left of the novel I'm working on. It's currently 118,522 words. I've been writing extremely long chapters lately--about 6,500 words--which will make this story MUCH longer than the typical 90,000-100,000 words published in contemporary romances/chic-lit novels. Oh well. I'm having fun with it and it's getting a good response on Fictionpress, about 560 reviews total. I enjoy entertaining people and I think my story does just that. If you're interested in reading, let me know and I'll send you the link.
Work News: Procrastination has been the key to happy work days for me for the past 2.5 years. Other than that, the job is blahh, colleagues are awesome, and I can't wait for 5pm most days. I guess you could say that I have about 45 work days left (unless my math is wrong). I'll be taking some "mental health" days too. So probably less than 45. It would be great if I could get it down to 10 actual "work" days and 35 "sick" days, but that's probably pushing it. Sadly.
- My line of the day: "Fear is debilitating."
- The lunch convo about adultery was depressing. I would have much rather talked about drag queens and finding a show to go to.
- I need to get that little rust patch on my car taken care of before I move.
- I really want to go shopping, which is hard when you have no money.
- Tennis this afternoon is going to suck (see above comments on weather), but will ultimately be a lot of fun.
- Tennis makes me happy...
- So does ice cream--maybe E will want to have a Ben and Jerry's run tonight.