Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Possibly my new home...


So... this is part of the University of New Hampshire's campus. Beautiful, huh? It had been snowing most of the morning and I was walking up toward Hamilton Smith where the prospective student day would take place. So many people were sick and tired of the winter. I guess it snowed over 100 inches this winter, a record according to several people. I may get sick of winter for a while, but I'm really looking forward to a few years of it. And who knows, maybe I'm just made for snow! And skiing... I'm really looking forward to skiing.

Anyway, I only have good things to say about UNH. The people, the campus, the little surrounding towns. Everything was great--I really felt comfortable and at home there. That's a big thing for me too. I definitely want to come here, it's just figuring out logistics: moving and hunting down a job. But... when you really want something, you make it work right? Well, I'm going to make this work. I see the potential of the infant MFA program UNH has--and it sits securely on a 30-year-old foundation, so honestly, how young could it be? I can't not go. I'd be hurting myself. So I might as well send in that acceptance email and start making things work!

More pictures from my trip can be found here.

I can't wait to take pictures in the summer and fall. I'll definitely make a trip out to the seacoast then, I'm sure that it too is amazingly beautiful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin