Friday, April 11, 2008

First attempt at publishing...

So, I've been behind the pack I'm sure as far as it publication is concerned. I think I tried to publish a short story in Seventeen magazine back in high school--like 10 years ago or something. Foolish little writer that I was, I'm pretty sure I filled out the envelop with magic marker or something. Not very profession, eh?

Well, today I took the first step toward publishing and submitted a query letter for a popular fiction novel I wrote a while ago. I'm pretty excited about it--about taking that step. It was an email query, so I should know something in the next 1-2 weeks. The first step is always the hardest, I think. Now I just need that first rejection letter/email and I'll be a real writer! ;) That would be really cool if they wanted to read more though, so I think I'll aim higher than a rejection letter at this point. I hope they ask me for a few chapters and then send an advance to make moving to NH easier.

Anyway, monumental day for me. Now I just need to finish editing the story! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin