Tuesday, July 9, 2013

C25K: Week 6 (run 1)

Like week 5, week 6 also consists of three separate runs.

Here's the breakdown for the first run: 5 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 8 minute jog, 5 minute walk, 5 minute jog.

Not too bad when you consider the 20 minute run last week. However, it was more challenging for me for a number of reasons: (1) I'd had a two day break from cardio of any kind; (2) the gym was pretty warm (hello summer... hello cheap gym--Is this the downfall of a $10 membership?); and (3) I jogged at a slightly faster speed.

I think tomorrow's run is the last one that will be broken up into these smaller intervals. So, my game plan is to not let two days of rest fall between runs, if possible. I also plan on going a little slower for the long runs. That seemed to work last time.

Let's talk about something else that I'm experiencing: HUNGER.

I feel like eating anything and everything. And most nights I do. Hello Life cereal sprinkled with a little cinnamon. Hello fro-yo. Hello FOOD!

It's a little frustrating because I am trying to lose weight. I'm allotted a certain amount of Weight Watchers points per day and I've been over this count most days of the week (for the past several weeks, which means the scale's not really moving). The only good thing about WW is that I gain points with activity, so I could technically be eating these activity points and theoretically not have a problem with the scale. The problem with that is that I'm not accurately weighing/measuring food (who wants to do this all the damn time? Not me... and yet, I have to if I want to be successful). I know that I'm going way over my points and basically cancelling out the work I did in the gym. I need to get a handle on this. But the last thing I want to be is cranky all the time because I'm hungry.

Maybe I should lay off the cereal and eat something more substantial... but... cereal is so good, quick, and satisfying!

If anyone has any helpful tips to fight the hunger bug, let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eat fruit. And I don't mean the boring fruit like Apples. But peaches, plums, pineapples, melons, cantelope, watermelons, strawberries and mangos.

So many fruits for summer and they don't have a lot of calories.

For breakfast, eat stuff like weetabix. Tastes horrid with normal milk but with chocolate milkshake, a less fat version, pretty darn darn and it's got loads of energy.

Snack often on healthy stuff and the hunger won't hit as often or as hard.

Tanya said...

I love summer because fruit is in season, so I eat tons of it. I probably need to eat more fiber, like you said (I'm guessing "Weetabix" is a high-fiber cereal?). I did today's run in the morning and I wasn't starving all day long--so maybe it just depends on when I go? Who knows... I probably just need to let my body get used to it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin