Monday, August 31, 2009

Year Two Begins

What a difference a year makes. I feel more confident (speaking in class or volunteering to read), but have the same lack of confidence in regard to having my writing critiqued. Anxiety pumps through my veins in stead of blood. I think it has a lot to do with the subject of my story and the characters and what I'm trying to do (and I'm not even certain what I'm trying to do). Oh well, I volunteered to go first in workshop and I will go forward and submit the story. If I get anything out of this program it's going to be the ability to submit my work and be proud of it. So far, I'm pretty proud with the first two scenes of my story. The ending is a bit trickier, but it'll all come together as it usually does.

So, I had workshop tonight with four new fiction writers. Our group has a nice mixture of old and new faces, which is a good thing I think. It's going to be nice having new faces around, not that I'm sick of the old or anything, it's just nice. Tomorrow I have one more class and then I'm done for the week. I need to set up a writing schedule.

3 comments:

margosita said...

Now this could be a page from my journal! ;) The last paragraph in particular.

Unknown said...

I'm still a week away from starting workshop. I'll not be volunteering to go first as I have nothing done ... but yikes! I have nothing done! ... and good for you for going first. This year you get to set the tone for all the new people :)

Tanya said...

That might be a good thing for the new people as my story could be received as "ridiculous" and therefore they shouldn't feel threatened. Haha. I don't know that volunteering to go first is a good thing, but I decided to just go for it and get it over with until round two.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin