I've decided that I need an outlet (other than the other, and sometimes better, me) where I can be random, rant, philosophize (yea, right), and just... blog, I guess.
I started this blog when I was doing my MFA, and now that it's over, I feel like I want to use it for other things too.
Such as writing about:
1. My journey to a healthier me (aka, when will I ever reach the top of this ginormous mountain).
2. Writing (cause lets face it, that's all I do and all that I am).
3. Monkeys. Duh. Please see "Chimpanzee" this week. It looks amazing.
4. Daily ponderings, such as:
- Why does my coworker chew with her mouth open? And why do I want to kill myself around noon each day? I may become deaf soon (it takes a lot of volume on my headphones to drown out all that smacking).
- Why does this girl at the gym wash her hands before peeing? And why does she then proceed to take a paper towel that she's dried her hands on into the stall? And WHY does she use that same paper towel to turn on the faucet? I'm not sure how she's protecting herself, but she's making the rest of us sick.
- Why am I so intimidated by long books when I write long books? Seems a little hypocritical.
- What are those two huge birds on top of the light pole watching us all drive by, bald eagles? No, probably crows. Huge crows. And what are they thinking? Just shootin' the shit, I suspect.