Thursday, January 13, 2011

Short Stories....

So, I'm about to start writing a new short story. I told so many people that once I finished my MFA it was highly unlikely that I would ever write a short story again. In the last five months I've made that prediction come true. However, a good MFA buddy and I have set up a short-story swap. One rough-draft of a story due every two months. I think this is a good thing because it will keep my literary-brain in practice. That's not to say that the novel I just finished isn't literary--well, it's not... yet--but I definitely write a little differently depending on audience. Maybe I shouldn't. Regardless, I'm scared and excited for this swap because he's an amazing writer who's gonna keep me on my toes. I hope to learn a few more things from him.

In other news... I still haven't found a job (meaning a "career"). I need to get my Maryland driver's license so I can maybe deliver some pizzas or something. 2011 is just beginning, but it better have some great things right around the corner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin