Friday, July 30, 2010

Moving...

...sucks. I feel exactly like this cartoon... I've got a creepy roommate who always wants to offer help. I tend to move more things when he's out of the house. I'm antisocial when he's involved... trust me when I say that the creeper-vibe is legit. [Photo plucked from this website.]

Moving is exciting for a lot of reasons (new opportunities, new people, new place), but the process (cleaning, packing, loading the car, etc) is stressful. I'd like to say that I'm never going to move again, but in reality I'll probably move several more times in my life. The next move takes me to Maryland, which I've mentioned here before. I'm excited to live near my sister (in the same house) again. I hope that I can find a good job and a social network. It's all very odd. I'm glad the next few days will be mild in temperature because I've had to give back my beautiful AC unit. I've been so spoiled the last few weeks. Anyway, I have a few brave friends coming to help me load up my little Rav4. The more things I take down stairs the more freaked out I become about what's going to fit and what may be left on the side of the road with a free sign. Hopefully it will all fit. Hopefully. Sigh.

2 comments:

Allison said...

This move DEFINITELY makes me want to give away a lot of stuff. We already gave a lot of furniture to charity instead of try to sell it on Craigslist - easier, and good karma! I hope you love Maryland, and I'm with you - I wish I didn't have to move again, but I know I will (plus I don't want to settle this close to DC!)

Unknown said...

I'm staying put for at least another year. But I'm dreading moving so much that I'm trying to figure out ways to stay put for two! Although, I think that I really can't stay here much beyond that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin